Classic Spy installs an icon in the menu bar which indicates whether the Classic Environment is running or not. It includes a menu to easily start and stop Classic.
- Mac OS X (version 10.1 or later);
- either Menu Cracker or Menu Extra Enabler is required for Mac OS 10.2 or later;
- at least 200 KB of free hard disk drive space;
- at least 1 MB of free RAM.
- Jaguar compatibility fixed.
- if SystemUIServer crashes, Classic Spy no longer leaves an obsolete copy of its daemon running;
- an option is added to terminate Classic;
- the menu icon is now inverted correctly when selected;
- more localization packages supplied.
- the GUI is no longer a standalone application, it is a menu extra (SystemUIServer plug-in);
- the daemon is a faceless Carbon tool which sends NSNotifications to the main plug-in;
- it is now possible to shut down Classic;
- Classic Spy 2.0 features a monochrome Apple-style icon and is distributed under the terms of GNU GPL.
- the daemon now calls sysctl() and can be run without set-uid tricks;
- fixed a bug on dual-processor machines;
- the installer is no longer necessary.
- initial release.